Black will always have an air of classic, chic sophistication. Coco Chanel was captivated by the mysterious allure of black; Jackie O loved to wear it; Audrey Hepburn understood its timeless charm. Black can create the perfect silhouette; it can be bold just as it can be comforting; perfect for evenings out and days at the office. So why not bring faded blacks back with renewed intensity or turn a colourful little frock into the perfect little black dress. With Velvet Black, your blacks will be at their best, rich, intense and profoundly dark.
Also available in DYLON Fabric Dye – For Machine Use
Also available in DYLON Fabric Dye – For Hand Use
DYLON Wash & Dye Instructions with Safety Information
1. Wearing rubber gloves, empty Wash & Dye powder into washing machine drum & add dry fabric
2. Immediately run 40°C cotton cycle without pre-wash or economy setting
3. Add normal washing detergent and run 40°C cotton cycle to remove excess dye from fabric and to clean the machine to clean the machine
4. Dry fabric as normal, away from direct sunlight & heat
The shade will depend on 3 things:
1. FABRIC TYPE:
• Cotton, linen, viscose, will dye to the full shade
• Polyester/cotton & polyester/viscose mixes, will dye to lighter shades
• Wool, silk, polyester, acrylic, nylon & fabrics with special finishes, e.g. ‘dry-clean only’, cannot be dyed
2. FABRIC AMOUNT:
• Up to 500g fabric (e.g. 1 pair jeans) will dye to the full shade
• A maximum of 1kg can be dyed, to lighter shades
3. FABRIC COLOUR:
• Colour mixing rules apply, e.g. black dye on red fabric gives burgundy. Patterned fabric will often still show through
• Only dye up to 1kg fabric and always use whole pack, no more, no less
• Dyeing may not cover stains, faded areas or bleach marks
• After dyeing, wash separately for first few washes to remove any excess dye
• Should any dye be left in machine, add cup of household bleach to drum, add usual detergent & run machine empty on 40°C cycle
• Remember polyester stitching will not dye
Dylon Wash & Dye – Velvet Black
May cause allergy or asthma symptoms or breathing difficulties if inhaled.
May cause an allergic skin reaction.
Causes serious eye damage.
Causes skin irritation.
May be corrosive to metals.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.